About The Marina in Horseshoe Beach, FL
The Horseshoe Beach area was settled in the early 1800s. The land was owned by lumber interests until 1935, when C.C. Douglas and Burton Butler purchased the land for $324, since the lumber company was pressuring the residents to “move on”. The Butler/Douglas union made it possible for the settlers to own their occupied property. They offered each resident the lot he was living on for $10. The town was incorporated in 1963. The town now has a restaurant, full-service marina, ice cream shop, churches, a number of comfortable efficiencies, houses and apartments, a waterfront park, and a general store.